Software developer since 1986, TextMate user since 2006 - it only took 20 years to find it!
Things I would like to see in TextMate, in order of importance to me ;-)
- Tabbed windows without the need for a project
- Ability to easily diff 2 open files not in a project
- Ability to split windows
- Ability to view the "real" path to a file, even if displayed while being edited via SFTP (ie: sftp://user:@host.com//public_html/index.php)
- Ability to open a file via SFTP and then 'lock' it locally so it can not be edited (ie: read-only) This can be helpful when you want to look at some remote code but don't want to chance altering the file in any way.
- XML language definition should display templates in the symbols menu
- A way to globally turn off smart-indenting (maybe make it part of the Smart Typing set of features?)