You can easily pick apart the innards of the TextMate.app package and modify or replace the images and window layouts (nibs).
With all these GUI Replacements, you can easily pick and choose which resources you want to replace in order to get the icons from one and the web preview window from another or the tabs from one and the colors from another.
subtleGradient — Leopard Dark 2
- Replaces the folding markers with crazy awesome 3D-ish ones
- Replaces the Tab images to have a more Leopard feel
- Replaces the Drawer buttons with Mail.app style buttons
- Changed drawer background color to the Mail.app & iTunes sidebar color
- Changed the text windows to hide scrollbars when unnecessary
- Removes the drawer from the web preview window and places all the functionality of the drawer into the main web preview window
- Sets the default font and font size of web previews to Safari defaults for better web design compatability
- [NEW] Changes the Find and Find in Project windows to Utility windows to workaround the Leopard Spaces issue
Download subtleGradient Leopard TextMate Theme Dark 2.dmg
Comment on the "subtleGradient — Leopard Dark 2" TextMate GUI Replacement
SuperMate: Leopardized TextMate
by Alexander Atallah
- Readability and gradients (when an item is clicked) in Select Bundle/Symbol/File
- Web Preview:
- Default fonts are now those used by Safari to ease web development
- Appearance: buttons improved, textured
- "Show options" moved to toolbar
- Document scrollers hide automatically in text views
- Execute Command Panel: HUD black interface, buttons improved, autocomplete of commands
- Find in Project: gradients, readability
- Information Panels use utility panels
- Go to Line is now an HUD panel
- Project Window:
- Appears like the Apple source lists, with gradients on each file
- Tab Bar filled with a purple TextMate gradient (NOW optional)
- Tabs Redesigned: square corners, inactive tabs fade into background, highlighting active tab
- Bundle Editor:
- Edit view has been split into a tabbed view in order to make more room for the editing field
- Items in source list are more condensed to allow for a broader view.
- Gradients over active TM automation items, blue Apple source background
- Nicer buttons!
- And more! See here for more screenshots and the Square Tabs optional skin.
Download SuperMate skin for TextMate (zip)
Comment on the "SuperMate" GUI Replacement
This package is a group of the best modifications, additions, and plugins to Textmate including parts of SuperMate and Leopard Dark 2 and several custom graphics put together by a coder who got TextMate Fever / the Purple Plague and includes these updates which you may pick and choose to use at will:
- New Icon designed from a Moleskine and an actual pen
- Many SuperMate additions
- Inclusion of a few useful plugins:
- Webmate Web Editing Plugin for TextMate
- Allows inline editing for the web preview
- Uses safari's webkit rendering engine
- SVNMate Plugin for TextMate
- Indicates SVN status of files edited/modified/deleted/etc
- MissingDrawer Plugin for TextMate
- Kills the Drawer and replaces with a window panel like Mail.app and most other Leopard apps
- Pulls in Leopard Dark 2's folding text markers
- Uses square tabs in project view with Green accents
The whole list is in the zip readme
Check it out , comment on it
Replacement Project Folder Icons
Added by Aaron Jackson
I put this here because it relates more to the overall GUI than an icon for the dock. The old style icons used for projects really annoyed me so I replaced them with standard Snow Leopard icons.
Alternative Web Preview Theme
Added by Sylvester Keil
An alternative theme for TextMate's Web Preview window.
scott - Web Preview theme
by Scott Buchanan
Another theme to spice up the Web Preview window.